2018 Election: 7 candidates file in first week
Published 12:00 pm Thursday, November 16, 2017
STANFORD – Last Wednesday was the first day for candidates to file for the 2018 elections and so far seven candidates have filed for offices in Lincoln County.
First week filings included:
• George O. Sonny Spoonamore, Democrat, incumbent, Lincoln County Clerk;
• Rob Wilson, Republican, incumbent, Lincoln County Jailer;
• Johnny Williams, Democrat, Lincoln County Sheriff;
• Jim W. Adams, Democrat, incumbent, Lincoln County Judge Executive;
• Curt Folger, Republican, incumbent, Lincoln County Sheriff;
• Daryl K. Day, Republican, incumbent, Lincoln County Attorney;
• Lonnie Pruitt, Republican, incumbent, Magistrate, District 2.
Other local offices on the ballot will be Lincoln County School Board Districts 1 and 2, Lincoln County Coroner, Lincoln County Magistrates, Lincoln County Property Valuation Administrator, Lincoln County Constables and city offices.
The deadline to file for the 2018 primary election is 4 p.m. on Jan. 30. Hustonville City Council, Stanford City Council, Crab Orchard City Commission and mayoral seats must be filed by August 14.