Hustonville meeting briefs
Published 2:38 pm Thursday, December 15, 2016
During Hustonville’s Dec. 6 meeting, the city council:
• Reviewed and finalized minor changes to the sewer agreement wth the Lincoln Sanitation District with the guidance of City Attorney Jonathan Baker.
• Voted to pay $278 per month for Mayor David Peyton’s health insurance. The city was previously paying for the mayor’s health insurance in it’s entirety ($658) but now that he has acquired additional employment, 80 percent of the cost is covered by his employer. Councilman Jimmy Evans voted no against the motion with all other council members voting yes.
• Voted to make a payment of $20,000 for phase 1 of the water project. The vote was unanimous.
Email newsletter signup
• Voted unanimously to give $100 per full-time employee for Christmas bonuses and $50 per part-time employee. Peyton said Santa Claus will ride into town and greet children at City Hall from 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17.
• Selected Marilyn Barlow as Hustonville’s 2016 Citizen of the year. Barlow reportedly visited City Hall to inquire about particular water bills that some Hustonville residents might need help paying this holiday season.