Lincoln Chamber banquet gets into the spirit of the Kentucky Derby
Published 11:38 am Wednesday, May 17, 2023
BY LANCE GAITHER
The Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce held its annual banquet May 11 at Englewood Estates.
Email newsletter signup
“We are super excited, this is our annual awards diner. We have a fun night with diner and raffling” said Chamber Director Andrea Miller. “This our first time at the venue so we haver hit some bumps but we are going to pull it off and it will be wonderful, The cattleman are cooking nice steaks, the Lincoln County Cheerleaders are serving everyone. We have cupcakes from Sweets By Cindy, she is our desert sponsor. We are trying to up our game for the banquet and make it an event that people get dressed up for. We want to make it as eloquent as we can make it. Everyone works so hard Lincoln County and is nice to award people for their hard work. It is not why they do but it is nice to be recognized.”
Awards given were:
• June King Bastion Service to the Community Award given to Amanda Coffey.
• Farmer of the Year was awarded to Randy McGuffey.
• First Responder of the Year was awarded to Larry Owsley.
• Big Apple was awarded to Denise Nybord Bastion.
• Business of the Year was awarded to Morgan on Main.
• Citizen of the Year was awarded posthumously to George “Sonny” Spoonamore and was accepted by his son George “Street” Spoonamore.
Entertainment for the night was provided by Daniel Cain during the social hour and the Kentucky Bourbon Trailers during dinner.
Sponsors of the evening were First Southern National Bank, Johnson & Pohlmann Insurance, WPBK FM, Farmers National Bank, Isaiah House, the Lincoln County Industrial Development Board, PBK Bank, Cedar Creek Dental, Fitzen Yoga, Edward Jones Investing, Liz Betback Design, Skyline Broadband, Wimax Express and the Back Porch Club House Venue.