Latest Hall of Fame to be inducted Friday
Published 11:28 am Friday, January 11, 2019
The latest class of the Lincoln County High School Patriot Club Hall of Fame will be inducted Friday night between games of the Lincoln-Boyle basketball doubleheader.
The 2018 Hall of Fame Class, the fifth class to be inducted, inludes two former educators, a longtime community supporter and a basketball coach, with Bob Camenisch, Sheila Underwood, Dr. Rod Bates and Patriot coach Jeff Jackson agreed upon unanimously by the selection committee.
A special ceremony to honor the four new Hall of Fame inductees will be held prior to the ballgames, with the official inductions coming on the basketball court.
Email newsletter signup
Criteria to be considered for induction into the Hall of Fame included:
– Demonstrating outstanding success in academics, athletics or leadership while enrolled at LCHS.
– Demonstrating a recognizable degree of proficiency in these areas after graduating from LCHS.
– Making an outstanding contribution to the students and staff of LCHS as a teacher, coach, administrator, or as a supportive member of the community.
– Must be out of high school a minimum of 10 years.
– May be either living or dead.
The previous Hall of Fame classes were:
2014 – Jack Portwood, Lloyd McGuffey, Nancy Leedy, Bill Ed Leedy, Ann Booth, and Jonathan Smith
2015 – Jack Denny Johnson, John Kolasa, Jeremy Simpson, Short Saufley, Donald Wooldridge, and Tim Estes
2016 – Roger Meek, Cassandra McWorter, Larry Phillips, Shannon Hatter, Dorris Kelsor, and Stuart Underwood.
2017 – Henry Baughman, Jim Baughman, Bruce Edgington, Karen Hatter, Cal Smith, and Jason Todd.